Date & Location
You can find information on how to purchase online and hard copy tickets here: INFORMATION & TICKET PURCHASE
Tickets will be available for purchase from July 9 2020. You cannot purchase a ticket if you are under 18. R18 event
No. All tickets must be pre-purchased. You must have a ticket to access shuttle bus. You must have a ticket upon arrival at the site. You must have a Parking Ticket if you are arriving by vehicle. There are NO GATE SALES.
You will be refused entry and sent back to the nearest Box Office.
There are NO GATE SALES. Tickets sold online or at Box Offices are sold at full price regardless of the time you purchase on event day.
Tickets purchased from a retail outlet cannot be replaced if lost, please treat them like cash. Tickets purchased online will be delivered in the form of a bar-coded print-at-home PDF ticket; or a bar-coded Passbook ticket (electronic ticket on mobile device). If you are having an issue with your ticket purchased online, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Yes. A free ride from Whangamata is available to every ticket purchaser. The shuttle bus service timetable will be published on the The Other Side website closer to the Festival.
The shuttle bus will be available to all Festival attendees for a free return journey to and from the Festival.
The shuttle bus will be available on the morning of December 30 and January 1 to return shuttle bus campers to Whangamata and will return any Parking ticket holders to the site from Whangamata to collect vehicle if they chose to leave the vehicle parked overnight at the site.
You may bring a small handy bag. Please note the prohibited items. You may not be allowed on the bus if you have any of these. If camping you may bring a basic camping pack with small tent pack, sleeping bag and pillow.
There is a designated RV area. The driver and all occupants of the vehicle must purchase an RV Camping Ticket.
Yes. The VIP camping area is the closest to the event site. Parking is included in VIP Camping Ticket and the vehicle driver must tick the vehicle box when purchasing ticket to ensure a vehicle space is allocated. VIP Camping will have their own shower and toilet facilities. Buy VIP Camping Ticket.
No. The camp area is set up as a temporary overnight facility. There will be food and beverage available in the camp area. NO open fires allowed. A small chilly bin or bag will be allowed into camp ground with water or non alcoholic drink and prepared food parcel for breakfasts. NO GLASS CONTAINERS.
Yes. The camp area is set up as a temporary overnight facility. Hot and cold shower blocks will be available over specified times.
Camping gates will be open from 10.00am on the show date and must be vacated by midday January 1. The camp ground stage will host "smoko" artists from 1pm.
Parking is included with the VIP ticket. The driver needs to tick vehicle box to ensure a space is allocated.
There is a VIP Camping Ticket which does also include parking. Please tick the vehicle box if you require space for a vehicle. Only the driver needs to enter this.
VIP ticket will give you access to VIP exclusive enclosure close to mainstage. The area will have its own toilets, food and bar.
VIP Camping ticket gets you set up in an area closest to the event venue. It has its own shower and toilet facilities. The VIP Camping Ticket gives you access to the VIP enclosure within the venue.
This is an R18 event so evidence of age will only be accepted by passport, NZ driver’s licence or HANZ 18+ card.
At the Festival
No. There are no pass outs from the Event Site during performances.
Gates open at 5.00pm.
NYE 20 The Other Side Festival will go ahead rain, hail or snow.
NO. The Other Side Festival is licensed to sell food & drinks and provides great, well-stocked bars. All vehicles and bags are searched on arrival. Any alcohol will be confiscated.
Jandals or sandals are fine but we highly recommend enclosed footwear. If barefoot make sure you have flowers in your hair. Be aware surfaces do include metal roadways , grass and dirt covered areas. There are no tar sealed or concrete pathways.
Found: Please take any found items to Festival staff or hand them in at the Information Booth.
Lost: If you misplace something please check with Information Booth on the day as things will be turned in there.
Unfortunately we do not allow for outside food to be brought onto the Event Site. There will be a great range of food available for purchase. Sealed plastic water bottles (with or without contents) cannot be brought into the Event Site. Unsealed EMPTY water bottles (no glass) can be brought into the Event Site for refill at free water stations.
Yes, Joe's Farm is wheelchair accessible, surfaces however include metal roadways , grass and dirt covered areas. There are no tar sealed or concrete pathways.
QR Code scanning stations will be in place at entry and campground. Please ensure you have the NZ COVID Tracer app loaded on to your phone. Find at either Apple App Store or Google Play. Please use as directed at the Festival.
Handwash facilities will be available throughout the site. Please use these frequently.
Hand sanitation products will be available throughout the site.
If you are ill please do not attempt to attend the Festival.
If you have any respiratory or other COVID-19 related symptoms do not attempt to attend the Festival.
Joes Farm and The Other Side Festival have established a code of practice to ensure the safest environment, provide facilities to encourage good hygiene practice and minimise risk.
This code follows guidelines as specified by the Ministry Of Health and can be viewed at https://www.majorevents.govt.nz/assets/Major-Events/new-zealand-event-sector-voluntary-code.pdf
It is important that all attendees make an honest self-assessment of their health before they attend. – If you are feeling unwell do not attend. If you have flu like symptoms contact Healthline (0800 358 5453) or your doctor immediately and have a test. Do not attend the Festival.
Before you attend make sure you use the Covid Tracer App. If you do not have the App yet please download it to ensure we have best possible practice in place to assist you with the tracing of any possible contact.
There will be QR Code Covid Tracer signage in various parts of the venue please use you App on entry and in the prominent places while attending. This information will be collected for the purpose of contact tracing and may be disclosed to the Ministry Of Health should the need arise.
- Do your best to social distance
- Wear a mask when possible – someone will receive a VIP ticket to the 2021 NYE event being chosen as attendee with the best mask design for 2020
- Use the various handwash stations around the venue and campground frequently
- Use the hand sanitiser stations
- Sneeze or cough into your elbow or use a tissue which you should discard immediately into a general waste bin
- Avoid touching your face
- If you are feeling unwell report immediately to St John
Sale Of Liquor
This is an R18 event. You may not enter if you are not 18. The Terms & Conditions on the ticket purchase make this quite clear. If you do not have valid ID you may be refused entry. There is no refund for any tickets purchased contrary to the Term & Conditions. You must be wearing a valid Festival wristband to be served at the bars.
NO. If you do you risk being denied entry. NO intoxicated person will be allowed entry to the event. NO intoxicated person will be allowed access to the shuttle from Whangamata.
NO. This is an R18 event which holds a site liquor license. No minors are allowed on the site.
NO. NO alcohol can be bought onto the licensed premises. This includes the Parking Areas, Event Site and Camp ground. Vehicles and bags will be checked and all alcohol will be confiscated.
What should I bring to the festival? What should I leave at home?
- Your ticket
- Photo ID
- NZ COVID Tracer app on your phone
- Sun protection
- A hat
- Empty plastic water bottle
- Happy Face
- Small hand held bags/backpacks only
- Alcohol - any alcohol found at the Event Site will be confiscated and will not be returned and the offending patron(s) ejected from Event Site for the remainder of the Event.
- Glass (Including jars, bottles, containers, mirrors and perfumes).
- Air horns.
- Weapons or explosives of any kind (including potential missiles).
- Nitrous oxide bulbs and canisters.
- Flares, fireworks, sparklers, explosives or any fire twirling equipment.
- Fires and open flames.
- Instruments. (Approved for Camping Ticket holders only)
Advanced personal vaporizers (or modified APVs) or liquid refills for E-Cigs.
- Flammable liquids.
- Sound systems.
- Portable laser equipment and pens.
- Sharpies, markers, paint cans or paint pens.
- Drones or other remote control devices.
- Couches and chairs. (Small camping chairs are approved for Camping Ticket holders only but not on Event Site)
- Anything studded (ie belts, wristbands etc).
- Audio or video recording devices (including GoPro and similar).
- Professional photography equipment (eg telephoto lenses; any lens over 20cm; any detachable lens; stands or other commercial equipment or anything deemed by Event staff to be professional photography equipment).
- Kites or sky lanterns.
- Toy guns, water guns or slingshots.
- Monopods, tripods or attachment sticks (selfie-sticks).
- Skateboards, scooters, wagons, carts, rollerblades, roller skates, bicycles, quad-bikes, segways, hoverboards, self-balancing scooters or any personal motorised vehicles.
- Animals (excluding service dogs such as guide dogs and police or emergency service dogs).
- Unauthorised solicitation materials including handbills, flyers, stickers, beach balls, give-aways, samples, or other promotional items.
- Chilly bins and coolers.
- Any other item deemed by Event staff (in their discretion) to be dangerous or offensive or potentially dangerous by Event organisers.
No professional cameras (read: cameras with detachable lenses) are permitted without formal media accreditation. Likewise no audio or film recording equipment can be brought into the Festival.
If you wish to apply for media accreditation, please email Nancy Blackler (email@example.com) You will be advised in due course if your application has been approved. Given the small allocation to the event, we advise you to purchase a ticket if you don't want to miss out.
Please note we can not accommodate students or freelancers not representing a music–related media outlet.
Playing Times & Maps
Playing Times and Maps will be released closer to the event, please sign up to our mailing list and you'll be the first to know.